Are you frustrated with your children’s inability to settle into play?
Worried about how much time they’re spending on screens?
Overwhelmed with toys and clutter?
Struggling to understand just why your kids’ behaviour is driving you up the wall?
But are you just a little bit stuck with how to start making meaningful changes?
I hear you! And I can help.
I know exactly how frustrating it is when you’ve got a what seems like a gazillion toys, but the kids still complain of being bored. Or when they’re moaning that they’ve got nothing to do. Or throwing their toys AGAIN.
Sometimes you can get stuck in a bit of a rut of too much screen time. No need to feel guilty – I’ve been there too!
You try to make change but it all just seems a bit too hard…. there’s the toys to sort out, the kids’ tantrums as a result of taking the screen time away, that one child who just seems to be having a bit of extra trouble… so much to think about.
Wouldn’t you just love a coach to help you through this process?
I’d love to help you:
- Understand your children’s play a little better
- Reinvent your children’s environment for play
- Give you advice, encouragement, and an individualised plan to help you cut excessive screen time back
- Shed some light on some of the sensory issues that can impact play
- Get your mothering-mojo back by giving you a little space to breathe while watching your kids play happily
Children who spend more time in play and less time on screens have less visits to the Doctor, and less time in illness, than those who don’t.
In your Play-at-Home Assessment we will complete a home analysis via video call. You can vent to me what the problems are (don’t worry, as a Mum of four there’s no doubt I will completely empathise with where you’re at!) and we will come up with personalised solutions that suit your family and children.
After implementing the recommendations you will see:
- Your children spending longer in independent play
- Your children being more settled in their play episodes
- Your children being more engaged in creative play more often
- Less nagging for screentime!
- Your children growing up happier, healthier, and stronger
Are you keen to make a huge positive difference in your family’s life? Good on you!
How it works:
- You book the time that suits you best. If there’s no times that suit, please email me on email@example.com and we might be able to sort something out. I currently have limited availability due to having a young baby, but can be flexible with time if enough notice is given. Thank you for understanding!
- We jump on a video call for the assessment. Be prepared to show me what the current play-space looks like, but don’t worry – you don’t have to tidy it! In fact, it’s better if you don’t!
- We will discuss changes that will make a world of difference for you.
- I will provide you with a written report via email.
- You put the changes into place, then sit back and enjoy a cuppa while your children take their play to a whole new level!
But hang on a minute, I just *know* you are thinking:
“Why is an Occupational Therapist interested in play?”
Did you know that OTs are trained to assess individuals in the person’s own environment; to identify problems and come up with solutions?
Did you know that OTs have training in child development?
Did you know that OTs work from a person-first strengths based approach, building on an individual’s natural capacities?
Did you know that OTs view the “occupation of play” as an important activity that children can (and should) be learning, developing, growing, and regulating through?
Occupational therapists LOVE play! And I want to help your children play to their full potential.
Play-at-Home Assessments consist of a video consult of 45 minutes plus an individualised report, for $70NZD
Follow up sessions are $45NZD for a half hour video call. These can be helpful to review changes and follow up any issues that have come up since your assessment.
Taking bookings now!
If there’s no times that suit, please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org and we might be able to sort something out. I currently have limited availability due to having a young baby, but can be flexible with time if enough notice is given. Thank you for understanding!
Your information will be kept completely confidential as per requirements of the Privacy Act 1993.
Rachel is a Registered Occupational Therapist with OTBNZ (registration number 50-05639).